Dear Friends and Visitors of SUMADHURA , Thank you very much for your continuous support during my absence from blogging.Though it was an unannounced break from blogging it was for a needed reason.This long break had helped me get better with my neck and shoulder problems.I am back with great enthusiasm and hope to get all your continued support in the present and future too.
It's been few months that I hosted an event and here I am again hosting my own event Cooking with Whole Foods.This time I have chosen Plantain/Raw Banana as the star ingredient.
Plantains are very commonly used vegetable in Southern India.Not only in India but they are a staple in Asian cuisine,African cuisine ,South American cuisine too.Though plantains look like bananas they both are not the same.To know more about the distinction between plantain and banana click here.
The plantain tree and the plantains are useful to mankind in plenty of ways.While the plantain is edible the tree and its parts are very useful too.Plantain leaves are used for cooking, and are used for dining(instead of plates), the inside part of the plantain bark is edible and has culinary and medical uses.Plantain flower is edible too and used in culinary preparations.Plantain or raw banana can be cooked in many ways.It can be boiled,fried,grilled,steamed,barbecued and enjoyed.To know more about the plantain and the different varieties that are available you can go here.Plantain is not only used in the culinary world but also has lot of medicinal uses.To know about some of the medicinal uses of plantain you can read here and here.
This is a bi-monthly event so you have good amount of time to get cooking with your plantains and send in your recipes to this event.The rules for the event are as follows :
1) Use your creativity and make a healthy dish with the main Ingredient : PLANTAIN.
2) Link your recipe to this event page and my name and my blog name.
3) Send in as many recipes as you can with the main ingredient.( All Vegetarian , No Eggs ).
4) Archived recipes are accepted, link your main recipe to this event page ,my name and blog name.(Need not repost).
5) Posting the logo is appreciated,it helps spread the word.
6) Late entries are not accepted.
7) When you mail me the recipe in the Subject mention : CWF -WV:Plantain
8) Please send your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org from now on till Dec 10th 2011 with the following details :
Your Name :
Recipe Name :
Recipe URL :
Photo of Recipe :
Non-Bloggers can send in their recipes too by sending me the recipe and a picture(optional) of the recipe and your location to email@example.com