I am very happy and excited to announce that MLLA #42 is being hosted hosted here at SUMADHURA from 1st Dec to 31st Dec.This event is the brain child of Susan,The Well Seasoned Cook.Earlier I have had the opportunity to take part in this event and also ended up winning MLLA #20.Now I welcome all my fellow blogger pals to take part in this famous event where you can come across different recipes with legumes and also get a chance to win the faboulous prizes that are offered with this event.
According to Wiki : A legume in botanical writing is a plant in the family Fabaceae (or Leguminosae), or a fruit of these specific plants. A legume fruit is a simple dry fruit that develops from a simple carpel and usually dehisces (opens along a seam) on two sides. Well known legumes include alfalfa, clover, peas, beans, lentils, lupins, mesquite, carob, soy, and peanuts.
In this MLLA Event you can send recipes made of legumes mentioned above and also from a wide variety of dry or fresh beans, peas, pulses, lentils and other derivative products including tofu, chickpea flour(besan). Also tamarind and fenugreek are among some of the other edible plants in the legume family which ARE included in the event.(Make sure that these ingredients must be the star of the dish ,using a spoonful of a legume is not quite enough to qualify).
Rules for the Event :
1) Recipes from all courses and cultures are accepted in this event but all the recipes must be Vegetarian Only .
2) Multiple recipes are accepted but please limit them 10 per participant (only one submission will be counted towards the random drawing/s).
3) Recipes submitted to other events are also permitted, but other events might have different rules( so please check them before you send).
4) Recipes from archives can be accepted ONLY if updated and reposted as current.
5) Recipes are accepted from non-bloggers too and they are also eligible to participate in the drawings to win a prize.
6) Use of logo is optional .
7) To participate in MLLA #42 the participant must link their entry to my announcement page and to Susan's MLLA host line up.
8) Participants must send their recipes to email@example.com with the following details :
Your Name :
Your Blog Name:
Your Recipe Name:
Prizes for the Event are:
1) The Baking Answer Book: Solutions to Every Problem You'll Ever Face; Answers to Every Question You'll Ever Ask by Lauren Chattman.
This prize is offered by Susan without influence at her expense, and she will also absorb worldwide shipping charges. F.T.C. Notice: Susan does not receive any compensation from Amazon.
2) Hurst Bean Box - A case of six bags of the winner's choice of Hurst Bean products, suitable for every diet, sponsored by Hurst Bean. (Due to shipping restrictions, this prize can only be awarded if the winner is a U.S. resident.) F.T.C. Notice: In May 2010, Susan, at her request, received two Hurst Bean complimentary products which are not available for purchase in her local markets. Susan does not generally accept free products from Hurst Bean nor is she financially compensated by them.
3) Drawing Structure - If the winner is a U.S. resident, she/he will be the recipient of both Prizes 1 and 2 above. In the event that an international winner is drawn, a second drawing will be conducted from the U.S. pool of entrants to ensure that the Hurst Prize is awarded every month. In these instances, the international winner will receive the book, and the U.S. winner will receive the Hurst Prize.
Note : My family and friends, as well as Susan's, are not eligible for the prizes .
So, why wait any more.Start sending your delicious recipes with the legumes of your choice and try to win the fabulous prizes.